APPLY: 2023 Canada Government Federal Skilled Worker Program for Foreigners
The Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program, part of the Canadian Government’s immigration initiatives, is tailored for skilled professionals possessing foreign work experience and qualifications. Its primary objective is to facilitate the permanent relocation of these individuals and their families to Canada.
These skilled worker immigration programs offer a pathway to Canadian permanent resident status for those who qualify. To be eligible for the Canadian Federal Skilled Worker program, applicants must demonstrate a high level of expertise in a sought-after occupation and satisfy the specific criteria set by the processing office.
- Host: Government of Canada
- Category: Skilled Job
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Canada Visa | Employment
- Deadline: Not Specified
To be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program offered by the Government of Canada, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Skilled work experience: You must have at least one year, in the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence, of continuous full-time work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in a skilled occupation listed in TEER Category 0, 1, 2 or 3 of Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- Language ability:You must show that you meet or exceed the language threshold of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 with test results from a IRCC-designated language testing organization.
- Education:You must provide either a Canadian educational credential or a foreign educational credential with an Educational Credential Assessment report for immigration purposes from a designated organization to prove that your overseas diploma, degree, or certificate is equivalent to a completed Canadian educational credential. (Points will be awarded based on the completed Canadian educational credential or the value of the foreign educational credential in Canadian standards).
If you meet all the minimum requirements, your application will be assessed based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid.
If you meet all the minimum requirements, your application will be assessed based on:
- Work experience
- Whether you have a valid job offer
- English and/or French language skills
- Adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle in Canada).
These criteria constitute a vital component of a 100-point evaluation system employed for determining eligibility in the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Points are allocated based on your performance in each of the six factors. The current minimum threshold for eligibility stands at 67 points.
Applicants will be required to get the following documents ready before submission:
- A passport or travel document
- Language test results
- Proof of Canadian education or an educational credential assessment report
- Provincial nomination (if you have one)
- Written job offer from an employer in Canada
- Proof of funds
Method of Application
Applicants who are both interested and eligible are encouraged to submit their applications using the provided link. Please be sure to use the official submission portal when submitting your profile.