2024 University of Essex Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Students
The University of Essex Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Students is available to international students from the African Union who qualify for a scholarship of £4,000. The University of Essex is dedicated to two fundamental principles: delivering outstanding teaching and engaging in cutting-edge research. Our commitment centers on student success, ensuring that individuals from diverse backgrounds achieve remarkable results, preparing them to thrive in their future pursuits.
Founded in 1963, the University of Essex, situated in Essex, England, is a public research university. Its inaugural students were welcomed in 1964, and it received its Royal Charter in 1965. The university’s motto, “Thought the harder, heart the keener,” is derived from the Anglo-Saxon poem, The Battle of Maldon. This motto underscores the university’s emphasis on intellectual rigor and passionate dedication.
University of Essex Scholarship Summary
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: £4,000
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: Not Specified
University of Essex Scholarship Details:
The University of Essex Scholarship is designed for self-funding international students from a member state of the African Union pursuing undergraduate studies. Those who qualify may receive a scholarship of £4,000, provided as a discount on the tuition fee for their first year.
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will be automatically considered for this scholarship, and there is no need to submit a separate application form. The University will assess your eligibility based on the country of domicile and fee status you indicate in your application for admission to Essex.
Eligibility Requirements for University of Essex 2024 Scholarship
To be considered for the University of Essex:
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self funded.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see below for the definition of ordinary residence) in a
member country of the African Union.
- Students must register for the first year (Year 1) of a full-time undergraduate degree at the
University of Essex in October 2024-25.
- UCAS applicants must actively make Essex their firm choice by 12 July 2024. Applicants that
become firm with Essex through rejection by their original firm choice selection elsewhere are not eligible. Direct Applicants must accept their offer by 12 July 2024.
- The award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of study (Year1) at undergraduate level in 2024-25 only.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
Students who are using a loan that requires repayment to finance their studies will be regarded as self-funded. This applies to courses that lead to the attainment of a Diploma of Higher Education, a Bachelor’s Degree, or an Integrated Masters (four years).
Benefits of University of Essex 2024 Scholarship
The scholarship will provide a £4,000 paid as a discount on your first year’s tuition fee.
How to Apply for University of Essex Scholarship
To apply for the University of Essex Scholarship, use the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” button created below to complete the application processes.