2024 Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship (Fully Funded)
The Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship provides fully funded scholarships for Nigerian students aspiring to pursue a master’s degree in France. Five grants will be conferred upon successful candidates with a keen interest in studying subjects related to Environment and Risk Management. The scholarship includes support for transportation, a monthly allowance, guidance on housing, healthcare coverage, visa fees, and coverage of national tuition fees at a public university. This article will guide you through the specifics of the Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship and elucidate why applying for this scholarship is beneficial.
Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship Summary
- Host Country: France
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships| Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Country: Nigeria
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends | Accommodation | Airfare Tickets
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: December 15, 2023
Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship Details:
The Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship is financially supported by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, in partnership with the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research. The program is administered through collaboration between the French Embassy and Campus France Nigeria. Building on the considerable success of the initial edition launched in March 2023, the Embassy of France in Nigeria is reintroducing its scholarship program to fund a Master’s degree at a French public higher education institution for the academic year 2024/2025.
Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship Requirements:
To be considered for the Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship, you must:
- Have Nigerian nationality and reside in Nigeria
- Be up to 35 years old
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in environment
- Have completed National Service
- Be fully committed to take up a course of study in France for the academic year from September/October 2024/2025
- French proficiency is not a requirement for application
Benefits of Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship
The scholarship covers two academic years if the scholar is admitted in M1, and one academic year if the scholar is admitted in M2. The scholarship caters for:
- a monthly allowance,
- guidanceto find affordable student housing
- healthcare coverage throughout the training period,
- visa fee
- national tuition fees in a public university.
Required Documents for Benefits of Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Copy of your international passport data page (valid for a minimum of two (2) years)
- Detailed CV
- Personal statement
- Bachelor’s certificate or equivalent
- Undergraduate transcript (in one or 2 documents maximum)
- NYSC certificate
- Recommendation letter from your university (not mandatory but strongly recommended)
How to Apply for Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship (Step by Step)
The application process for the Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship for 2024-2025 academic year typically involves the following steps:
- Check Eligibility: Ensure you meet the scholarship’s eligibility criteria, including academic qualifications and any specific requirements for the Environment program.
- Research Programs: Identify relevant Master’s programs in Environmental Sciences or related fields offered by French universities. Consider factors like program content, location, and language of instruction.
- Contact French Embassy: Get in touch with the French Embassy in Nigeria or their official website to access the scholarship application information. They usually provide application guidelines, deadlines, and required documents.
- Prepare Required Documents: Gather necessary documents, which may include academic transcripts, diplomas, letters of recommendation, a research proposal, a statement of purpose, a CV, and language proficiency test scores (e.g., IELTS or TOEFL).
- Online Application: Complete the online application form provided by the French Embassy. Submit all required documents through their online system.
- Selection Process: The embassy will review applications and may conduct interviews or exams as part of the selection process.
- Scholarship Offer: If selected, you will receive an offer letter from the French Embassy outlining the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- Acceptance: Accept the scholarship offer by following the provided instructions. You may need to confirm your enrollment in the chosen Master’s program at a French university.
- Visa and Travel Arrangements: Apply for a student visa at the French consulate in Nigeria. Make travel arrangements, including booking your flight.
- Begin Your Studies: Arrive in France, attend the selected Master’s program, and utilize the scholarship benefits, which typically include tuition coverage, a monthly stipend, and flight tickets.