Study-In-Canada: 2024 McGill University MasterCard Scholarships For International Students
The McGill University MasterCard Scholarships aim to empower academically gifted young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa, enabling them to pursue a top-tier university education with robust support systems to ensure their success.
Over the last decade, this initiative has witnessed 120 accomplished scholars, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels, successfully earning their degrees at McGill University. This program’s commitment has been extended for an additional 10 years at McGill.
Since 2013, McGill University has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation to deliver the Scholars Program across both of the university’s campuses.
- Host Country: Canada
- Study Abroad: Study in Canada
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships| Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Sub-Saharan African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends | Accommodation
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: December 1, 2023
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program envisions a dynamic network of young individuals and institutions working collectively to promote inclusive and equitable socio-economic transformation in Africa.
Since its inception in 2012, the Program has provided support to nearly 40,000 young Africans, enabling them to access secondary and tertiary education.
To facilitate the success of Scholars and young people across Africa, we recognize the imperative of tackling systemic hurdles in higher education, enhancing capacity, fostering innovative solutions in crucial sectors, and fostering collaboration among ecosystem participants to amplify our influence throughout the continent.
In order to be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program you must meet the following criteria:
- Be admissible to one of the eligible non-thesis programs at McGill University
- Have never registered for /completed any graduate studies;
- Be a citizen of, and reside in a Sub Saharan African Country (see list of eligible countries);
- Have a valid passport and be admissible to Canada as an International Student(requiring a Study Permit). Those with dual citizenship, asylee, refugee or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK or EU are not eligible.
- You are welcome to apply even if you do not identify with a Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program priority group (listed below), however those who self identify with one of the following groups will be given precedence in the selection process.
- Refugee or Internally Displaced Person
- Person with Disabilities
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Must be less than 35 years old at the time of application.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Full Scholarship
- Monthly Stipends
- Airfare Tickets
Eligible Master’s Programs (Non-Thesis ONLY)
- Animal Science: Sustainable Agriculture
- Bioresource Engineering – Environmental Engineering
- Bioresource Engineering – Integrated Food & Bioprocessing
- Bioresource Engineering – Integrated Water Resource Management
- Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry – Food Science
- Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry – Food Safety
- Human Nutrition: Project
- Public Health
- Public Policy (maximum of 5 Scholars per year)
Method of Application
McGill University Graduate Programs: Initiate your graduate application. Please refrain from making the application processing fee payment at this stage; instead, complete all other required steps.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program: Submit the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Application Form to have your eligibility for the study program and scholarship evaluated. Only fully completed applications from candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be reviewed.