Study-In-UK: 2024 University of Edinburgh MasterCard On-Campus Scholarships For African Students
The University of Edinburgh MasterCard On-Campus Scholarships is designed for exceptional young individuals with outstanding academic and leadership achievements, who have surmounted educational obstacles and are dedicated to pursuing their studies on-campus.
This scholarship encompasses a one-year postgraduate on-campus program for specific programs. It fully covers approved tuition, accommodation, travel expenses, a stipend for living costs, and essential study materials.
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships| Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Sub-Sahara African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarships | Monthly Stipends | Accommodations | Airline Tickets
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: December 7, 2023
If you are solely interested in applying for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh, please begin by submitting your application for the Mastercard Foundation scholarship. Once you receive a scholarship offer from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, you can then proceed to apply for your academic program.
However, if you are also pursuing other scholarships offered by the University of Edinburgh, please apply directly for your chosen degree program in addition to submitting the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship application. (Please ensure to review the details regarding application fees for the program as well.)
If you have already obtained a spot in an eligible degree program, kindly specify in your Mastercard Foundation Scholarship application form that you have already secured admission to the degree program.
To be considered for the University of Edinburgh MasterCard On-Campus Scholarships , you must:
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh for a relevant degree programme listed. You will generally need to have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelor’s (Hons) degree or higher. Find out more about the postgraduate entry requirements for your country: Postgraduate entry requirements
- Applicants will have faced significant barriers to education (social, financial, personal, practical or health related).
- Applicants must have graduated from an undergraduate study by September 2023 and must have a degree certificate and official final transcript to upload alongside their application by 7 December.
- Applicants must be residents and citizens or hold refugee status in a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants must have faced barriers to education and in their early career.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community.
- Applicants must demonstrate experience, or at least ambition, in making a meaningful impact in addressing the climate crisis
- Applicants must be 35 or under as of 1 September 2024
- Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled (or apply to enrol) at a separate university whilst on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship.
- If applying for the on campus Masters programme: Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled (or apply to enrol) at a separate university whilst on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship.
- We particularly welcome applications from female scholars, scholars from refugee and displaced backgrounds, and scholars with disabilities (see FAQs below for further information)
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Covers full approved tuition, accommodation, travel, living cost stipend and study materials.
- A climate leadership programme to inspire and support Scholars in making change in their communities and countries.
- Additional support is offered to scholars with disabilities based on an assessment of needs.
Application timeline 2023/24
|23 October 2023 (10am UK time)||Applications open|
|1 December 2023 (5pm UK time)||Applicants need to have completed registration to scholarship application site, and completed the eligibility assessment and declaration.|
|7 December 2023 (5pm UK time)||Applications close.|
|On-campus (ODL) Interview shortlisting begins; both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified.|
|Mid to Late February 2024||On-campus interviews take place.|
|By mid March||On-campus Interview outcomes will be announced.|
|March – August 2024||Support provided through admission and immigration processes.|
|September 2024||Academic program starts.|
Method of Application
To be considered for the University of Edinburgh, you must meet the academic admission criteria. It is important to note that applicants should submit their scholarship application prior to their university application.
Please note that the Scholars Program only accepts applications through the online application system. Further information can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section below.