APPLY: 2024 Rhodes Trust/Schmidt Futures Rise Program for Young Students
The Rhodes Trust/Schmidt Futures Rise Program is a visionary initiative that identifies talented young individuals and offers them a pathway to a life dedicated to serving others.
This program commences when individuals are between the ages of 15 and 17, aiming to instill a lifelong commitment to service and learning. It extends support in the form of need-based scholarships, mentorship, networking, access to career development avenues, and the possibility of additional funding. Rise Global Winners, under this program, are actively engaged in addressing humanity’s most urgent challenges.
- Host: Rhodes Trust/Schmidt Futures
- Category: Training
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship | Living Stipends
- Deadline: January 17, 2024
Rise stands as a joint initiative of Schmidt Futures and the Rhodes Trust, serving as a cornerstone program within this commitment. It builds upon the existing collaboration between Schmidt Futures and the Rhodes Trust, which previously led to the establishment of the Schmidt Science Fellows program. Both organizations recognize the transformative potential of creating a network of exceptionally talented individuals. Through this partnership, their collective efforts are directed toward engaging a younger audience, particularly those between the ages of 15 and 17.
As an integral part of the Schmidt Organizations network, the Rise community is resolutely dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for a broader population, improving human well-being and opportunities, and safeguarding the critical systems of our planet—both in the present and for future generations.
The Rhodes Trust, located at the University of Oxford, unites and nurtures exceptional individuals from across the globe, spanning diverse fields of study. These individuals possess an unwavering determination to challenge the status quo and the courage to take action.
The Rhodes Trust/Schmidt Futures Rise Program is for ages 15–17 and encourages a lifetime of service and learning.
Duration and Reward
- One fully funded in-person residential summit with other members of the Rise Global Winner cohort. Attendance at this summit is required to maintain Global Winner status.
- A four-year, post-secondary education scholarship, including tuition and a living stipend, based on need and where not already covered by financial aid.
- Opportunity to apply for funding to experiment with innovative ideas to address major problems in local communities or around the world—ranging, for example, from seed money to start a social enterprise to a grant for a non-profit. Funds will be available competitively to Winners and Finalists.
Method of Application
Prospective candidates interested in the Rhodes Trust/Schmidt Futures Rise Program are encouraged to utilize the provided link for their application.