Top 8 Universities in the United States that offers online masters program
Below is a compilation of the leading 8 universities in the United States that provide online master’s programs, along with a selection of the courses they offer
- Johns Hopkins University: Johns Hopkins University provides online master’s programs through its diverse schools and departments. They offer numerous online courses and programs, including both credit-bearing and free courses in collaboration with Coursera. These courses encompass a wide range of fields, including Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, International Studies, and Public Health.
- New York University (NYU) provides online master’s programs with a diverse selection of online graduate degrees catering to students’ needs. These programs are offered through different schools within NYU, including the School of Global Public Health, the Graduate School of Arts and Science, and the Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service.
- The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) presents online master’s programs, with a notable example being the Samueli School of Engineering. This school has introduced its inaugural fully online master’s degree program, offering eleven distinct specializations within the engineering field.
4Northwestern University provides online master’s programs, offering a combination of entirely online and hybrid programs. While some master’s programs are fully online, others follow a hybrid format, combining online coursework with specific in-person components. Northwestern University offers a diverse selection of courses in disciplines such as Business, Communication, Education, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and Social Work. The School of Professional Studies at Northwestern University features a range of online master’s degrees, including programs like a Master’s in Data Science.
- University of Pennsylvania: The University of Pennsylvania offers online master’s programs. They provide a variety of online educational opportunities, including certificates, continuing education, micro-credentials, and degrees. Some of their courses include Arts and Sciences, Business, Dentistry, Education, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Social work, and Veterinary medicine.
- University of Michigan: The University of Michigan provides online master’s programs with a diverse array of options available across various campuses and schools within the University of Michigan system. These programs span a wide range of disciplines, including Arts and Sciences, Business, Dentistry, Education, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, and Social Work.
- Stanford University: Stanford University offers online master’s programs. You can pursue various master’s degrees through their online platform, Stanford Online. These programs are designed to help you achieve your educational and career goals without the need to attend classes on campus.
- Columbia University provides online master’s programs via Columbia Online and the School of Professional Studies (SPS). These programs encompass various fields, such as Applied Analytics, Bioethics, Enterprise Risk Management, Human Capital Management, and more.
Columbia Online serves as the central resource for accessing these online courses and programs.
When selecting an online master’s program, consider factors such as the university’s reputation, program quality, and cost. Ensure the program holds accreditation from a reputable organization.
- After choosing a program, reach out to the admissions office for details on the application process, requirements, program structure, course schedule, and support services for online students. Keep in mind that course offerings may change, so visit the university’s website for the latest information on admissions, program specifics, and available courses.