APPLY: 2024 African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program For Young Africans
The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program provides an opportunity for students with the requisite knowledge and skills in relevant fields to participate as interns.
The African Continental Free Trade Area, or AfCFTA, represents the world’s largest free trade zone, uniting the 55 member countries of the African Union (AU) and eight Regional Economic Communities (RECs). The core mission of AfCFTA is to establish a unified continental marketplace, encompassing a population of approximately 1.3 billion individuals and a combined GDP of around US$3.4 trillion. The overarching goal is to facilitate the unhindered movement of goods and services across the continent and enhance Africa’s trading position in the global market.
- Host: African Union (AU)
- Category: Internships| Training
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: November 10, 2023
The AfCFTA stands as a prominent initiative within the framework of Agenda 2063, the African Union’s long-term development strategy aimed at transforming the continent into a global powerhouse, reflecting the vision of “The Africa We Want.”
The internship program has been meticulously crafted to attract highly qualified and motivated students from diverse backgrounds to join the Secretariat. These students will work on projects aligned with the Secretariat’s Strategic Orientations and provide support for its corporate functions.
The primary objective of this program is to provide successful candidates with the opportunity to enhance their analytical and technical skills in an international setting.
The AfCFTA aims to extend an invitation to students who possess the requisite knowledge and skills in relevant fields to engage as interns for a specified period, allowing them to acquire practical experience and gain international exposure.
To be considered for the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program, you must:
- Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union and residing in Ghana.
- Final year students who are enrolled on full-time basis on a fully accredited degree program in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning in any of the following areas: International Trade, International Trade Law & Policy, Economics, International Law.
- Full availability for a minimum of three months, being the duration of the program
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Applicants should possess a high level of quantitative and IT skills (tests will be administered)
- Must possess very good ICT skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Applicants should be capable and willing to work in a multicultural and international team environment
- Applicants should be committed to upholding and adhering to the rules and values of the Institution for the duration of the program
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Duration and Reward
Thr African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program offers the following;
- To provide students the opportunity to gain an exposure to the work done at AfCFTA
- To offer a learning platform to students who qualify to serve as interns
- To provide students, the opportunity of experiencing, first hand, the work of one of the ambitious projects of the African Union
- To promote the AfCFTA to the general public, especially the youth and encourage them to work hard towards achieving their aims of working with International Organizations
To apply for the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program , candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of valid passport or identity card
- A letter of motivation
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Proof of enrolment, preferably a letter of introduction from one’s University
Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.
Method of Application
Applications for admission to the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program are submitted online.
- If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in.
- You are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
- Applicants must submit the following supporting documents with their online application: