APPLY: 2024 Commonwealth Cyber Fellowships Program For Young Africans
The Commonwealth Cyber Fellowships Program provides a distinctive platform for cybersecurity professionals hailing from Commonwealth nations in Africa. This initiative aims to facilitate the exchange of expertise, cultivate collaborative partnerships, and contribute to the policy initiatives of the Commonwealth Secretariat. The selected experts are appointed as fellows for a one-year term, during which they gain privileged access to academic research prospects, networking gatherings, and annual conferences. These events are dedicated to advancing cybersecurity policies and strengthening institutions throughout Commonwealth nations in Africa.
- Host: Commonwealth Headquarters UK
- Category: Training| Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship | Networking
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: December 10, 2023
Details for Commonwealth Cyber Fellowships Program For Young Africans:
In our highly interconnected world, emphasizing the significance of cybersecurity is paramount. Cybercrime stands as a global challenge with far-reaching consequences for all of us. Collaborative efforts are the key to achieving superior, more rapid, and efficient protection for our digital realm.
Therefore, the Cyber Fellowships represent not just an opportunity but a clarion call to action. This program assembles experts from diverse sectors, fostering collaboration among those who might not typically work together. Their combined expertise is harnessed to devise solutions that allow us all to reap the benefits of the internet without concern.
Requirements for Commonwealth Cyber Fellowships Program For Young Africans:
To be considered for the Commonwealth Cyber Fellowships, you must:
- Any citizen of a Commonwealth country in Africa, between the age of 21 and 65, can apply to join the fellowship.
- Applicants must also have at least five years of work experience in cybersecurity in the fields of law, policymaking, telecommunications, academia or related sectors.
Duration and Reward
- Selected experts will serve in the Commonwealth Cyber Fellowships Program for a year.
- They get exclusive access to academic research opportunities, networking events and annual conferences, with a focus on enhancing cybersecurity policies and institutions across countries in Africa.
Method of Application
To apply for Cyber Fellowships, applicants must submit the following documents to email@example.com by 23:59 GMT on 10 December 2023:
- their resume;
- a cover letter; and
- a letter of support from their respective organisation.
This marks the second iteration of the Africa Fellowship program, backed by the United Kingdom’s International Development Office. Its objective is to bolster the implementation of the Commonwealth Cyber Declaration, an established framework ratified by nations in 2018. The declaration is dedicated to advancing a secure and thriving digital environment for the 2.5 billion citizens.