APPLY: 2024 Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship For African Graduates
The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship for Entrepreneurship provides African students and recent graduates with an invaluable chance to access training, resources, financial support, and a mentorship network for honing their entrepreneurial skills and embarking on their own business endeavors.
This well-designed program is tailored to assist aspiring entrepreneurs in navigating a demanding training regimen successfully. A particularly advantageous aspect of the program is the access to a network of seasoned coaches and mentors who offer invaluable practical guidance in relation to their entrepreneurial ventures.
- Host: Mastercard Foundation
- Category: Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: $15,500
- Deadline: December 4, 2023
Individuals who exhibit a keen desire to learn, embrace challenges, and wholeheartedly dedicate themselves are granted access to the full array of resources available at our innovation center.
The 8-month program is crafted to cultivate the exceptional entrepreneurial skillset and mindset required to lead, fostering both social and financial impact.
To be considered for the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship, you must be:
- graduates from all academic disciplines, and from any African post-secondary institution. Whether you are already working on a business or you are looking to start something new, we can help you.
- participants who are committed to developing their entrepreneurial mindset and taking advantage of the resources provided to develop their own enterprise. The program is delivered virtually and can be completed at any pace, however the most committed participants will commit at least 10 hours per week. In order to progress through the program phases, participants will submit assignments online, adhering to strict deadlines.
- The program content is delivered in English. Mentorship may be offered in English and French. Assignments and pitches must be completed in English. Prospective fellows who are unable to speak or write English are still encouraged to apply and form teams with someone who can fulfill all the requirements of the program in English. Prospective fellows may also work with their local university to come up with a strategy to make sure they are able to access university resources that will help them navigate the challenge related to language ability.
Duration and Reward
- Up to 60 Fellows will be selected in the final phase to receive a stipend of $500 CAD
- Opportunities to pitch for prizes of up to $15,000 CAD in the pitch competition at the end of the program
- Opportunities to travel to the Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre to build lasting connections that will help your further your business venture
- Method of Application
- Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below: