APPLY: 2024 MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Program For Young World Leaders
The MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Program offers a unique leadership opportunity to young individuals aged 18 to 26 from around the world who are eager to initiate community projects.
This year-long fellowship program encompasses the fields of education, health, and economic security. It equips young participants with the skills needed to become catalysts for change within their communities. This preparation is facilitated through leadership development, fostering a sense of global citizenship, nurturing self-awareness, and guiding vision planning.
Collaboratively, the program’s team, mentors, and mentees join forces to drive tangible change within their communities by turning innovative ideas into concrete projects. In doing so, they genuinely fulfill the mission of “Local Change Through Global Exchange®
Summary – MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship
- Host Country: United States of America (USA)
- Category: Training| Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship | Accommodation | Feeding | Flight Tickets
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: November 12, 2023
Details of MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship:
The MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship for 2024 is scheduled to occur in New York, New York, and Burlington, Vermont, from July 9 to July 18, 2024. Accommodations will be arranged through New York University in New York and Champlain College in Burlington, Vermont.
The MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship commences with the Community Needs Assessment, a month-long initiative dedicated to mapping community needs. This process equips young individuals, aged 18 to 26, from various parts of the world with a deeper understanding of their local communities.
Following the community needs assessment, Young Leaders participate in a month-long intensive Virtual Program aimed at cultivating their abilities to become drivers of positive change within their respective communities.
Requirements for MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship:
To be considered for the MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Program, you must:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify an issue in their community in the areas of education, health, or economic security;
- Be between the ages of 18-26at the start of the program (June 1, 2024);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Committo doing the Community Needs Assessment in June, attending the 10-day in-person program in July, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Have access to email and the internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Fellowship alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Adhere to Young Leaders Fellowship graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program);
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation;
- Submit a completed application on or beforeSunday, November 12, 2023, 11:59 PM (NYC EST time).
MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Duration and Reward
- International Economy Flights for international participants
- Domestic Economy flights for United States participants
- Housing from the evening of July 8 – July 18, 2024
- Three meals per day from July 9 – July 18, 2024
- Round Trip Travel from New York, New York to Burlington, Vermont
- Public Transportation to/from JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark Airports
COST NOT COVERED BY MCW
- Passport Fees
- Visa Fees
- In-Country Costs(travel to the airport, extra baggage fees, etc.)
Required Documents For MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship
- The application must be filled out in English.
- Letters of recommendation and resumes also need to be written in English. Any part of the application that is not written in English will not be read and be considered incomplete.
- The application includes:
- General Information
- Essay Questions
- Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you address this issue?
- Describe one time you have faced a challenge and used a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. We suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your community. Friends and family members are discouraged from writing letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, contact info, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- Liability Waiver
- At the end of the application, please review the terms and conditions.
- Application Portal
- Click below to create an account and submit the application by Sunday, November 12, 2023.
Method of Application
Prospective candidates who meet the eligibility criteria for the MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship are invited to submit their applications through the provided link.
For those participants with flight schedules that necessitate arrival the day before or departure after the program, MCW will arrange accommodations for the night before and after the program. This accommodation is integral to the program and should the need arise, it is incumbent upon the participant to inform MCW at least one month before the program’s commencement if housing is required.