Study-In-Australia: 2024 Australia Awards Fellowship For International Students
The Australia Awards Fellowship program strives to establish networks of influence and leadership, accomplishing this by reinforcing collaborations between Australian institutions and regional partner organizations.
These fellowships are geared towards senior and mid-career professionals and officials who have the capacity to drive development initiatives in priority areas and enhance the institutional capabilities of partner nations through their leadership.
Australia Awards Fellowships offer Australian organizations the opportunity to seek funding for hosting and facilitating a variety of professional development activities.
- Host Country: Australia
- Study Abroad: Study in Australia
- Category: Training| Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: 54 Countries
- Reward: AUD $34,500 per Fellow
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: November 7, 2023
Australia Awards Fellowships encompass a diverse array of professional development activities, which include options such as work attachments, supervised research projects, management or leadership courses, study tours, program meetings, and site visits, either individually or in combination.
The duration of these fellowships can vary, spanning from as short as 2 weeks to as long as 52 weeks. A prominent attribute of these Fellowships is their adaptability. They range from specialized training for Timorese doctors in the endoscopy departments of two prominent Australian hospitals to the training of government officials from Vietnam in areas related to coastal and marine conservation and sustainability.
Australian organisations must ensure that all nominated for the Australia Awards Fellowship meet the following general eligibility requirements:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Fellowship
- not be a permanent resident or be applying for permanent residency in Australia or partner of someone who is
- be a citizen of an eligible country
- not be current serving military personnel
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs for (DFAT sponsored) student visas subclass 500
- be able to participate in the Fellowship.
- be able to travel without family members as DFAT will only fund and provide visa support letters for individual Fellows, not their family members
- Fellows with a disability that requires assistance must travel with a carer
Scholarship Duration and Reward
For the Australia Awards Fellowship, Australian organisations can request funding of up to AUD $34,500 per Fellow, to a maximum of 15 Fellows to cover:
- return air travel and relevant in-Australia travel
- training costs
- accommodation and living expenses
- medical insurance costs when in Australia (for Fellowship holder only)
- special assistance for people with disability
- program overhead fee.
Countries & Area of Interest
Participating Countries for the Australia Awards Fellowship
Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam
Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iraq, Jordan, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories and Sri Lanka
Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis and Futuna
Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Please note: Proposals for Brunei Darussalam, New Caledonia, French Polynesia and Singapore will not be considered in Round 19.
Fellowship programs must align with the following six development priority areas:
- Climate change, adaptation, resilience and green energy transition
- Gender equality, disability equity and social inclusion
- Digital Economy (including cyber, critical technology and media engagement)
- Maritime and the Blue Economy
- Infrastructure and connectivity
Method of Application
The application window for Australia Awards Fellowship ROUND 19 is currently open, and all submissions must be made through the online platform via Smartygrants.
Kindly take note that you have until 11:59 PM (AEDT), on November 7, 2023, to finalize and submit your online application. Please be aware that applications received after this deadline or those that are incomplete will not be considered for evaluation.